Welcome Traveler!

Before you explore into my world make sure your dreams are your guide and the reality by your side.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Learning a difficult language


For months I've been trying to learn and speak Japanese. I have many dictionaries and watch anime with Japanese dubs and English subs. I also found speaking lessons in a site (I'm not spoiling the fun of searching them yourselves by telling you the site I downloaded them from) and try my best to master at least the speech because the writing needs too many years and I'm just too impatient at the moment for that. I have learned a few words and expressions or phrases well enough to use them often the right moment. Maybe some will ask: Why Japanese? Can't you do something easier like French or Spanish or Italian? Well the answer is that my mother language is also a difficult one (with the difference that it is harder to learn the speech) and that is why I'm fascinated by learning to speak difficult tongues. Now, the reason for choosing Japanese over Chinese is simple and quite reasonable for those who know me: It is more pleasant to my ears using a language that flows like a river and touches your ears gently like the wind (if spoken also gently). The Chinese language has many similarities with mine. While someone can express himself with only one word in Japanese he needs at least three if he speaks Chinese. Also if spoken by girls it's really cute - like cats which I really love - and makes you wanna hear that voice with this tongue again. This let's say small obsession with Japanese came when I first saw anime in their first dub version (Japanese). It became another small passion of me. Now I have to go so...sayonara (goodbye)!!! :-P

No comments: